CFOS-T301: Certified Fiber Optic Specialist – Testing
The Training aligns to achieving the FOA certification for specialist skills based fiber optics certifications. This is a specialist certification covering fiber optic testing intended for technicians involved in the design, installation, testing, troubleshooting or maintenance of fiber networks.
The Course has been structured as a specialist skills based certification, not aligned to any specific job function.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand all necessary test equipment, methods and standards.
- Undertake Standard practices on Inspecting and cleaning connectors correctly.
- Be proficient in both insertion loss testing and optical time domain reflectometry (OTDR testing).
- Test both single mode and multimode fibers.
- Have understanding of measurement errors in tests.
- Perform Microscope inspection of connectors.
- Perform VFL testing of hundreds of links.
- Perform OTDR tests on hundreds of links (with sample test reports and traces).
Pre-requisites / Preparation
Assumes the technician has the basic knowledge of a CFOT or equivalent.
Required / Encouraged materials needed for class
It is strongly suggested that students have complete understanding of fundamental fiber testing, troubleshooting or maintenance of fiber networks.